Why Kerry is -still- a better choice than Bush, was Re:[extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun Aug 15 20:13:37 UTC 2004

"Brent Neal" <brentn at freeshell.org> Wrote:

> Unlike Bush, whose recipe for success has been to
> increase protectionist tariffs,

Bush's steel tariff and farm subsidies made no economic sense, but those are
one of the very few things you will not hear Kerry or any democrat criticize
Bush about. They just want more of it.

> increase government spending,

Spending has gone up with Bush, it has gone up in every administration since
Washington I would guess.  I have a hunch it would have gone up even more if
200 voters in Florida had switched sides 4 years ago. As for Kerry, he has
about a million and one ideas for new programs, and they will all need
money.

> and engage in expensive, ultimately fruitless, unilateral 'police
> actions'?

You mean the police action Kerry voted for, the one to get rid of Weapons of
Mass Destruction in Iraq that the CIA said were there, the same CIA Kerry
wanted to slash the budget of, the CIA Kerry wanted placed under tighter
restrictions so they always act in a gentlemanly way even if it reduced
their effectiveness?

> Sure makes sense to me.

I thought so.

John K Clark     jonkc at att.net