[extropy-chat] and the nano/holo fun goes on...

Kevin Freels megaquark at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 01:28:39 UTC 2004

I agree with your point...Yet your point is disturbing. The drive for ever
faster processing speeds and exponential increases in storage capacity was
created by our willingness to pay top dollar for the improvements. What you
are saying is that now, since we no longer have that need, the market for
these improvements in processing speeds and storage is no longer there. (I
have had 40GB for going on 3 years and still only use 9 of it.)

If this is the case, then it is just a matter of time before companies
realize it and stop investing as much into improvements in these areas.
Moore's Law would become a thing of the past and singularity would move even
farther beyond the horizon.