[extropy-chat] Tax Burden Gap

Kevin Freels megaquark at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 16:42:03 UTC 2004

> > New government data also shows that President Bush's tax cuts have
> > shifted
> > the overall tax burden to the middle class from the wealthiest
> > Americans.:

It's always been my impression that the wealthiest Americans represent such
a small portion of the nation that the middle class has always carried the
burden. EVen with a flat tax, the wealthiest Americans would be paying more
in dollars than the average Joe.  Why is it that people think they should
also pay a higher percentage even though it has minimal impact on the
overall revenues? I am so glad I'm not wealthy because I would be
perpetually pissed about everyone always expecting me to pay an ever
increasing "fair share".