[extropy-chat] Real Extropians don't drive SUVs

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 16:00:04 UTC 2004

Considering demographics, the numbers of people who tow boats (or horses) is
way lower than SUV purchases.

I live in Atlanta and I see tons and tons of SUVs. It ices about once a year
here and a good awd sedan will perform just as well as a hummer in those
conditions.

Maybe it's dream of towing horses or surviving a nuclear holocost that's
attracting all these SUV buyers.

All of the arguments except towing capacity apply equally to a volvo or bmw
awd wagan as to an SUV.

BAL