[extropy-chat] SUV's are killing their drivers.

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 19:15:18 UTC 2004

--- scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:

> > Evmick....in the wastes of New Mexico....
> > where "killer dust storms...and killer sun...."
>
> Lucky you. Killer rocks here
> http://www.docushare.it/mediasoft/stradale/segnali/2132_0.jpg
>
> In Italy SUVs and SAVs (sport activity vehicle, I suppose,
> term invented by BMW) "kill" other people, i.e. people
> walking, people crossing the road, bikers. We use SUVs
> and SAVs just in town. Passion. Fashion.

A conflation has occured though, in this duscussion. The stats say that
more people are dying in accidents in which trucks and SUVs are
involved. They don't say that those people are in the cars being struck
by the trucks and SUVs, and as the truck/SUV population increases, more
people are going to be hit by, or hit, trucks/SUVs. It says nothing
about the relative danger of being IN a truck or SUV, and Bill, et al
should recognise this important distinction.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)