[extropy-chat] Real Extropians don't drive SUVs

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 16:16:02 UTC 2004

--- Brian Alexander Lee <brian_a_lee at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Look, generally speaking there are more things inherently unsafe
> about SUVs
> than sedans. I'm aware that there are unsafe things about everything
> in our
> universe, but one of my personal goals is to reduce these risks. So
> when it
> comes time to purchase a vehicle a rational decision factor is "What
> is the
> safety record of this vehicle and class?" and "What are the safety
> features
> of this vehicle and class?".

It may be more conducive to look at the demographics of accident
victims in SUVs. Just as hybrid vehicles driven by leadfooted drivers
don't get nearly the MPG that others do, SUVs driven by inexperienced
drivers, such as teens, may suffer the same phenomenon of self
perpetuated increased risk.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development