[extropy-chat] urban sprawl as defense

Stephen J. Van Sickle sjvans at ameritech.net
Tue Aug 24 16:52:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 11:31, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> Don't worry, she had claimed that the Iraqi invasion would take 100,000
> lives. The occupation hasn't even taken a tenth of that.

To be fair, that was not an unreasonable prediction, had Hussein used
chemical weapons and deliberately targeted his own people in an attempt
to scare off the Americans, a scenario I don't find altogether
improbable.  A variation of the Blazing Saddles strategy.

A sound argument against the war before it started.

> Government being oppressive is a very rational behavior. Being rational
> does not mean being ethical, moral, good, right, or honorable.

Exactly.  There are many good arguments other than "irrational".
Instead, I just hear "Bush is dumb", "it's the oil", "conspiracy", etc.
Why doesn't the opposition get to the meat of the issue?