[extropy-chat] urban sprawl as defense

Stephen J. Van Sickle sjvans at ameritech.net
Tue Aug 24 23:36:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 17:02, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> Well, yes, it would have been a sound argument IF Samantha had also
> thought that Hussein actually had WMD.... she didn't....

Well, then, yes, not very convincing.

> Cause they can't? Cause most people don't think there is any meat on
> that side...

Oh, I think there is some.  For instance, real isolationism...letting
the world sink or swim on its own, more or less closing the borders,
mass deportations, etc., is probably a valid alternate strategy.  I
personally think that it would do more harm than good for the US, but I
can see where reasonable people might differ.  But no one offers real
solutions, just platitudes like "working with our allies" (like
Australia and the UK aren't allies).