[extropy-chat] urban sprawl as defense

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 04:42:21 UTC 2004

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> The French fought. And there was a resistance. They were a war
> power.

The French Resistance primarily fought itself, betraying partisans of
opposing political fealties to the Germans at every opportunity. The
French resisted Germany NO MORE than Poland did, and the exiled armed
forces of the two nations shared a beach at Normandy. I say we toss
France and add Poland to the Security Council. France has had it for 50
years, it's Poland's turn.

Oh, and btw, there IS a way to remove a Security Council member. We've
done it once already, when in the early 70's Taiwan was removed and
Communist China was added. Until that time, the Nationalists had held
that SC seat.

> If you going to have an international law body dedicated to
> maintaining
> international peace and security you can't have a cast of thousands
> on it or it wouldn't work. It would take too long to make decisions.
>
> To be legitimate (in the eyes of most people in the world)
> it needs to represent most people in the world.

The spanish speaking people of the world are unrepresented on the SC.
How about Spain, or Argentina, or Mexico? The african people of the
world are similarly unrepresented, how about South Africa. India has a
billion people, why is China on the SC and not India? The muslim people
of the world are 800 million strong. Why isn't Saudi Arabia or Turkey
on the SC?

> Its like the no taxation without representation thing.

So sorry, but I don't recall ever being permitted to vote for a single
member of the UN General Assembly or the Security Council. Could you
please post an election schedule?

The UN does not represent mankind. It represents a club of legal
fictions intent on perpetuating their power over mankind. It is
therefore an anti-human institution and therefore an anti-transhuman institution.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)