[extropy-chat] grow closer to god--through the mail!!

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 16:27:12 UTC 2004

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> At 09:41 AM 11/30/2004 -0800, Mike wrote:
>
> >My intention is to point out that I don't know enough to know one
> way
> >or the other, and neither do you or anybody else, so atheism is as
> much
> >a religion as any other belief based on faith/lack of facts. Some
> >self-proclaimed atheists, like yourself, have a knee-jerk reaction
> >such a statement, that is entirely emotional, not based on any
> rational
> >basis of logic.
>
> For another nice summary of why this is also bollocks, look at a site
> I found linked from the tragically late Yeduha Nattan Yudkowsky's
> blog:
>
> http://www.graveyardofthegods.com/articles/cantprovenegative.html
>
> < The rules of logic and science indicate that there must be some
> kind of  basis (either in substance or in thought) for an assertion
or else it *must* be denied.   >

Sorry, Damien, you are still suffering from the same blinkers that you
and other lefties cried about after Bush was elected. Its the whole "if
you don't agree with us you are just stupid" gambit. You want to talk
about bollocks? THAT is bullshit. I've presented a very logical,
consistent, and reasoned basis for my argument and you shrug it off.
Sorry, Damien. The person being irrational here is you. Get over it.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)