[extropy-chat] PopSci profiles Aubrey de Grey

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 05:34:38 UTC 2004

< Transhumanists are science (and science-fiction) enthusiasts entranced by
the prospect that futuristic technology will allow us to modify our
bodies-wings, anyone? infrared vision?-and also to live a really, really
long time (if not in our own bodies, then in robotic ones governed by our
own downloaded brains). Most any gerontologist of repute would dive under
the desk if a transhumanist came calling, but de Grey enjoys passing
between the worlds of the professional scientist and the amateur crank. >

Ah. Cranks again. Insightful!

Damien Broderick