[extropy-chat] Re: John Wright Finds God

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Fri Dec 10 00:24:53 UTC 2004

john-c-wright at sff.net wrote:

>If you are asking me the theoretical question, “would the Virgin Mary appear to
>a man in the form of Parvati if he were a Hindu, rather than a man raised in
>Christendom?” That question no mortal can answer.

Actually, that can be answered, and the answer is 'yes'.
The archetypes are the same, but the names change.
The Virgin Mary, as is commonly described, is Isis/Astarte.

>There is a possibility that God is all things to all people, and appears in
>whatever form we cloak Him in. If so, I have been deceived by the cloak. It is
>possible that I am in error, and that I misunderstood what I saw and what I was
>told.
>
>If so, I ask only that the Hindus pray to Vishnu to preserve me through higher
>reincarnations as I clear myself of this error, and that the Shaman intervene on
>my behalf with the ancestral spirits, if, in return, I pray my God forgive them
>their sins and errors. If we all pray for each other, perhaps we can all be
>saved, no matter who, in the end, turns out to be right.

It's not as simple as that.

>I am not in a position to pass judgment on the truth or falsehood of the
>assertion. The unambiguous mainstream belief of the Christian tradition agrees
>with the proposition that Christ is the exclusive door to salvation. I pray that

Again, you seem to be lacking a great deal of theological knowledge.
Just to give one example, is Jesus still Jesus if his name was really
Yashua? And can we call upon Jesus even if we do not know his name (any
of them) at all? Can we call upon him even if we do not know he
existed/exists? In fact, *what* is Jesus?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org