[extropy-chat] Charity Suggestions?

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Dec 14 08:51:29 UTC 2004

Thanks for thinking about contributing this holiday season, Jay.

Contributions to Extropy Institute would be helpful, as we gear up to push
the Proactionary Principle. Having just completed a (long) chapter of my
book that critiques the currently-dominant precautionary principle, I'm
painfully aware of just how badly we need to replace it with something more
future-friendly and cognitively adequate.

Onward!

Max

At 08:18 PM 12/13/2004, you wrote:
>Monday, 13 December 2004
>
>Hello all,
>
>      As the winter holidays roll around the calendar from "over for
> another year" to "here we go again", I'd like suggestions from the lists
> about >H-themed and sympathetic charities.
>
>Here's a starter list:
>
>Extropy Institute
>Foresight Institute (Holiday discount on memberships!)
>National Space Society
>Immortality Institute
>World Transhumanist Association
>
>I've intentionally omitted policital parties and the FSP in the probably
>vain hope of avoiding flames, not because of my own sympathies or
>antipathies. I have my own list of charity types I'd like to see, but why
>bias any answers?
>

>Jay Dugger     :     Til Eulenspiegel
>http://www.owlmirror.net/~duggerj/
>Sometimes the delete key serves best.