[extropy-chat] Resuscitation: and Armchair Cryonicists

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 16 05:29:53 UTC 2004

1. I want to make it clear that any opinions I post to this list are
strictly personal. Though my sig file has my Alcor affiliations stated, I
am NOT IN ANY CASE REPRESENTING ALCOR or any other organization when I make
posts to this list.

2. Due to a communications mishap which I am not at liberty to discuss, I
became misinformed concerning Alcor's protocols concerning cardiopulmonary
support. Please see these pages:

<http://www.alcor.org/procedures.html>http://www.alcor.org/procedures.html

http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/CardiopulmonarySupport.html

3. If anyone calls me an "armchair cryonicist" I will call them an
"Armchair Extropian" and probably will be banned from the list...

4. Alcor is dedicated to providing the very best technological support for
suspensions. I formally withdraw the statement I made below, for it is in
error. My sincere apologies to all involved.

ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR
 >PS We currently do no longer use the Thumper,
 >which is an obscene bastard of equipment fully
 >capable of major injury to both patient and
 >rescue team. Respiratory support is no longer
 >in the protocol, because basically all patients
 >are over the 4 minute limit, and restoring O2 is
 >a bad idea. We use an Ambi product, a suction cup
 >with handles, to maintain circulation for the 3-5
 >minutes it takes to circulate the medicines
 >(a proprietary cocktail of anticoaguants,
 >clot busters and other stuff)
ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =
=   Alcor Advisor to Board       =