[extropy-chat] Re: Damien grants psi evidence

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Dec 17 17:36:24 UTC 2004

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com> Wrote:

>  http://anson.ucdavis.edu/~utts/

I went to the page you cited with the intention on reading the entire thing
but in the end I just glanced at it. I confess I totally lost interest when
I read the following:

"There is little benefit to continuing experiments designed to offer proof,
since there is little more to be offered to anyone who does not accept the
current collection of data."

In other words Jessica Utts thinks the proof that this phenomena actually
exists is as good as it's ever going to get and in her opinion it's good
enough. In my wildest dreams I can't imagine Faraday saying that about
electromagnetism 150 years ago, or a scientist today at CERN saying the same
thing about a theory of particle physics that was far less radical than ESP.
When I read those words my baloney detector went off big time!

  John K Clark        jonkc at att.net