[extropy-chat] PSI Phenomenon

Kurt Schoedel kurt at metatechnica.com
Sun Dec 19 23:35:34 UTC 2004

There are two reasons why I think psi phenomenon does not exist. The
first is that the Amazing Randi has a standing offer of a $1 million
prize for anyone who can reproduce such phenomenon under controlled
conditions. Go to www.randi.org for the details, rules, and entry form.
Consider Randi's offer an X-prize for the development of psi
phenomenon. Perhaps Jessica Utts should apply for the prize. Has anyone
contacted her about this?

The second reason why I think psi phenomenon does not exist is because
if it did, someone would have figured out who to use pre-cognition to
make money in the financial markets. Perhaps Warren Buffet is so
successful because he has psi ability and has used it consistantly to
become the wealthiest investor of our time. Somehow I doubt this. If
any traders really were using psi techniques to trade, word would
eventually leak out and we would all know about it. Also, there would
be books written on how to use psi to improve trading profitability and
these books' techniques would be demonstrably workable.

Kurt Schoedel
MetaTechnica