[extropy-chat] Bayes, crackpots and psi

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Tue Dec 21 11:42:56 UTC 2004

At 06:29 AM 12/21/2004, Samantha Atkins responded to Hal Finney:
>...  The argument that it is a paradox if we have disagreement among
>rational thinkers assumes both perfect rationality  and a perfect
>understanding of sufficient relevant information.   Neither of these is
>likely to be an absolute.   There is thus neither an irresistible force
>nor an immovable object present to fret over.

You may be familiar with an argument that makes these two assumptions, but
the argument that Hal and I have in mind does not.  See:
http://hanson.gmu.edu/deceive.pdf

Assistant Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323