[extropy-chat] A nickel and dime economy?

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Tue Dec 21 16:57:19 UTC 2004

That's assuming that the $.25 is going to you, not to the door
manufacturer. If I remember correctly, you had to pay your own door to get
out the house, or maybe in. So if you spent your last quarter at the bar,
your home heating will be fine, but you'll suffer the cold anyway :-)

In Douglas Adams' books, instead, doors are so happy to help humans that
they loudly express their satisfaction every time they (automatically, of
course) open for you. Actually I'm not sure of what's worse.

Alfio