[extropy-chat] Transhumanism 666: The Mark of the Beast

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 22 20:54:45 UTC 2004

This theme's been around for a while. I remember the Bucky Fuller days, and
then the Space Colonization days. I also think of how most plants grow,
with a dozen or so cells at the growing tips which then specialize on to
leaves, twigs, flowers, etc. Once specialized, their fate is determined.

So, IMO, the beginnings of cladic formation. Example: as a cryonicist, I
live from the pov of an immortalist. This is often subtle, but important in
how I handle long range decisions. I have to discern if another is an
immortal or not, it makes a difference in some cases. Brutal Example:
Mortals are disposable. They die. If you don't get along with them, the
issues die with them. Immortals, well, memories are forever, must handle
more carefully.

Even if the Earth Ossifies, in the process, those of us on the Extropian
Clade will find the resources to go elsewhere, whether space colonies
(affordable once nanotech arrives), uploads with cybertronioum off planet,
cyborg bodies capable of free living on moon or mars or most moons and
asteroids, settling in oort cloud or whatever.

I kind of think "Old Humanity" is like Redwood Trees, magnificent in their
own way, and living in their valleys in North California. Leave em there,
visit now and then for the atmosphere.

extrosnottily yours,

samantha wrote:
>I wonder how many of us do believe, as I do, that humanity is at a very
>important crossroads.

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =