[extropy-chat] Copycat Copycat

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Thu Dec 23 06:10:14 UTC 2004

From: "Eliezer Yudkowsky" <sentience at pobox.com>

> "Well, let's get one thing straight: I think people should have a right to
> be stupid and, if they have that right, the market's going to respond by
> supplying as much stupidity as can be sold."
> -- Greg Burch

Yes, a good one.

I thought I'd seen everything there was to see regarding the pampering of
pets after I saw the likes of "pet boutiques" and "pet day spas" springing
up in Seattle over the past few years, but I've heard that *cosmetic* animal
plastic surgery is starting to make inroads.  What's next?  - a reality show
a la The Swan ... for our four-legged friends?

Olga