[extropy-chat] Aspirin, life-extension, and the current spate of pain-reliever problems

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Dec 23 09:14:41 UTC 2004

It is indeed wondrous scary  how fast a query sometimes gets answered
here!

I had a very drastic ankle injury two decades ago that often acts up
and is getting more arthritic over time.  For a while I was taking
Celebrex nearly every day.   I stopped taking it some months back as I
did not like the list of possible side-effects.  I found that careful
exercise and build up of strength in the injured leg did more to
increase the time between flare-ups and lessen the severity.

I stopped taking aspirin for two reasons:

a) members of my family die from bleed-outs (various type of
hemorrhage) more often than from clotting problems;

b) I started and am maintaining an aerobic and strength training
program that further decreases risk.

-s