[extropy-chat] Re: Newtonmass?

John M john at aculink.net
Fri Dec 24 01:35:31 UTC 2004

I can proudly say I've just finished all 2624 pages of this series, and the
holidays are here just in time; though the first couple'a thousand pages are
entertaining, I really need a break.  Overall, I enjoyed the books, though
there are some things (Enoch Root, for instance) that I wish had been filled
in a bit more.

Unfortunately I don't know that much about Newton's 'real' life, so can't
comment on the second part of your question.  I do know that it's tough
reading historical fiction like this; fact and fiction start getting mixed
up after a while (oh wait, was Newton really down with Alchemy, or was that
just some fiction I read?).

Anyway, Happy Holidays all.