[extropy-chat] Copycat Copycat

Fri Dec 24 02:12:53 UTC 2004

On Dec 23, 2004, at 8:22 PM, Joseph Bloch wrote:

> One of the things I do to make that point is to point out that a clone
> is a "delayed twin". Once they grasp the fact that the technology
> isn't much more than the already-accepted (by everyone whose name
> doesn't begin with a "K" and end with "ass") technology of IVF,
> combined with the quite natural phenomenon of twins, they don't seem
> to be quite so hostile.

But it also seems much less interesting.  People will pay $50K for a
clone of their pet because they think it is somehow their pet
reincarnated.  Would people pay $50K for a similar looking kitten from
the same litter as their pet?  I doubt it would be worth that much to
them.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC