[extropy-chat] Copycat Copycat

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 03:08:15 UTC 2004

--- Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:

> But it also seems much less interesting.  People will pay $50K for a
> clone of their pet because they think it is somehow their pet
> reincarnated.  Would people pay $50K for a similar looking kitten
> from the same litter as their pet?  I doubt it would be worth that
> much to them.

Hey, some people need to spend $50 large to learn an important lesson.
Then again, if they had the pet since infancy anyways, the pet's
personality likely had a lot to do with how the owner raised it. Any
discrepancies, then, could be chalked up to the fact that the owner
didn't do EXACTLY everything they did with the previous pet over again.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)