[extropy-chat] Article: "Laughter at people's fears"

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 10:47:38 UTC 2004

Wow!  Where on earth did they get these scientists and people
supposedly on "our side"?  Are we sure they aren't plants to make
genetic research look scary, irresponsible, arrogant and not at all
wise?   Perhaps they aren't but they sure as hell aren't doing us or
themselves a lot of good with some of this material.

Perhaps it is to be expected.   If you separate science and reason
from all that "separate magisteria" stuff dealing with things that
"really matter" like morals, values, wisdom and such as far as most of
the world is concerned, then the science and reason folk might tend to
be a just a tad ungrounded and seemingly not quite aware of the real
people involved.   I've seen such in some doctors at least.

- samantha