[extropy-chat] Another Extropian for the Board of the WorldTranshumanist Association?

Jose Cordeiro jose_cordeiro at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 21:56:35 UTC 2004

Indeed, Giulio, we want "rational", "good", and "hard working" people in the WTA Board. As you pointed out, we would not want a Raelian, for example, or any "kooks" or "crazy" people. But Extropians, Singularitarians, Immortalists, and all other transhumanists are gladly welcome in the new WTA Board:-)

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at runbox.com> wrote: As another current WTA Board member who (tries to) contribute to both organizations, I also wish to encourage motivated people to run for a seat on the WTA Board.
Reading between the lines of Jose's note (please Jose correct me if I am wrong), I sense a feeling that the WTA is not "global" and "inclusive" enough.
In some sense this is correct: for example racists and holy warriors of all sorts are just not welcome in the WTA. But barring such extremes, I believe all WTA voting members who wish to support the WTA with hard work, rationality and common sense, and who wish to do their best to work productively with other transhumanists who do not share precisely the same political or philosophical persuasion, are welcome to run for the Board.
G.

Jose Cordeiro wrote:
> Dear Extropian friends,
>
> Greetings to you all from sunny and beautiful Venezuela:-)
>
> I encourage you to run for the coming WTA Board elections. At least one (if not more:-) of you could (and should:-) take the soon to be vacated 5 seats of the current WTA Board. Please, let me tell you that I will totally support you since I am working for a more "global" and "inclusive" WTA.

La vie est belle!

Yosé (www.cordeiro.org)

Caracas, Venezuela, Americas, TerraNostra, Solar System, Milky Way, Multiverse