[extropy-chat] Re: SPACE: where are we?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Fri Feb 6 22:48:47 UTC 2004

Technotranscendence <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> I agree.  I've been checking their site for updates a few times a day,
> and it seems they're on a once-a-day update schedule.  You'd think
> they'd be uploading many photos and lots of data each day.  Yes, writing
> a press release might take more effort, but some of the photos would
> speak for themselves.  Even their news releases aren't like high quality
> writing anyhow, so it wouldn't take that much time.

Maybe I'm overly naive, but I assumed that the people at NASA/ESA/etc
are busy performing actual scientific work and don't waste too many
resources on feeding details to a largely desinterested and
scientifically illiterate public, where you have to start out each
time with an explanation that you are not talking about the candy
bar, and no, no humanoid aliens are going to be discovered.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de