[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Fruit fly genome music

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 7 02:47:57 UTC 2004

[Where is the fruit fly longevity poster? - twc]

I have a friend who's spent the last several months writing software to
play gene sequences as music. He just sent me his 7MB .wav of the fruit
fly genome. It's pretty damned cool.

I'm going to try to get him to post it somewhere that I can link to for
the list. I also think his project might be a nice featurette for FT.

Jay

-- fiction projects --
Books now: Greetings From Lake Wu - LOCUS Recommended Reading for 2003
Books soon:  Dogs in the Moonlight, Green Grow the Rushes-Oh
Shorts now: Chiaroscuro, On Spec and Realms of Fantasy
Shorts soon: Asimov's, Postscripts and Realms of Fantasy
Editing: All-Star Zeppelin Adventure Stories, Polyphony 4, TEL : Stories

-- links & contact --
http://www.sff.net/campbell-awards/authors.htm#jayl
http://www.rumormill.org/index.php?t=1257&show_all_topics=0
http://www.jlake.com/tel-stories.html
www.jlake.com | 503.806.3626 | jlake at jlake.com | jelakejr [AOL-IM]

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program