[extropy-chat] Eugen Leitl, you got Klez

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:21:14 UTC 2004

>From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>
>To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
>Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Eugen Leitl, you got Klez
>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:46:49 +0100
>
>On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 06:36:24PM -0500, Brian Alexander Lee wrote:
>
> > Bah. I've used outlook express for almost 10 years now with no negative
> > consequences (other than not being able to view Eugen's messages).
>
>You know that how? You sure you aren't running a zombie node right now?
>I.e.,
>have you looked?

Of course I've looked, that is why I can make an accurate statement like the
one above.

>I can tell you what the consequences of people with your attitude are. You
>are single-handedly responsible for >95% of all Redmond malware hitting the
>mailservers (so the sysadmins have constatly play the Dutch boy and the
>dike), a large and rapidly rising surge of spam, DDoS attacks on public web
>sites. You're responsible for email having become unreliable. You're
>responsible for knee-jerk reactions of Net zealots and hare-brained
>politicians
>rushing to regulate the Internet. You're the one responsible for loss of
>anonymity, and attempts to abolish free email.
>
>The worst is: you don't know, you don't care, and you give us all the
>finger.
>So don't be less than surprised about me utterly unsympathetic with your
>plight.

Listen, don't whine to me about shit you know not. I am responsible for 0%
of virii zipping around Outlook inboxes as I have never spread a virus. I
don't open attachments, and have my windows system set up with adequate
security.

The only plight I have is not being able to read your emails through oe and
it's getting to be more of a boon than a plight (har har har).

It is possible to run outlook without spewing virus all over the populated
net. It is possible to run windows systems with adequate security.

BAL