[extropy-chat] Religion: Subject Change! How can you TrustAnythingfrom the Bible - Wise Maji or Not?

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Tue Feb 10 17:30:52 UTC 2004

 (2/10/04 15:13) Henrique Moraes Machado <hemm at br.inter.net> wrote:

>As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone in the high hierarchy of the church really believes in this creationist bs. It's just a political
>issue.

You -would- think that, wouldn't you? But, having spent a great deal of time talking to many such people, including Anglican bishops, I can reassure you that they really are that scientifically illiterate and that not only do many of them believe in what we know as Creationism (and all of the Xtian pseudoscience that they use to try to justify it), but there is a significant chunk of people who are "Young Earthers" and believe the 19th century crapola about the earth being created in 4004 BC.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein