[extropy-chat] Re: Religion: Subject Change! How can you Trust Anythingfrom the Bible - Wise Maji or Not?

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Wed Feb 11 15:57:56 UTC 2004

 (2/11/04 16:46) Alfio Puglisi <puglisi at arcetri.astro.it> wrote:

>I read somewhere some years ago that, in a meeting with some scientists,
>the Pope pretty much acknowledged the Big Bang as the creation, and that
>studying the Universe using science from that moment on was OK. Sorry, but
>I don't have specific references.

Again, I will state that the Pope's record on cosmology and astrophysics must also be taken along with his record on reproductive biology and infectious diseases.

And, of course, the fact that he implies that intercourse between husband and wife can never be rape. But that's almost too ad hominem for these boards. :)

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein