[extropy-chat] Re: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 5, Issue 11

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 14:34:59 UTC 2004

--- Daniel Matthews <dan at 3-e.net> wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:51:54 -0500
> > From: Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org>
> >
> > The American Revolution was one too.
> >

> I'm sure all those deaths could have been avoided, if more
> enlightened humans were guiding society at the time.

Coulda Shoulda Woulda... the fact is that they weren't. Revolution was
the necessary destruction to deal with the fact. In fact, enlightened
minds WERE trying to guide society at the time. British PM William Pitt
was himself a Whig and in a speech before the Parliament warned that
revolt was the natural consequence of the actions demanded by
Parliament, particularly taxing the people of the colonies for a war
they had no voice in.
The people of Britain wouldn't hear of it. THEY certainly didn't want
to pay for Crazy George's last war, and George was an obstinate cuss
who only listened to the warmongering advisers who kissed his ass.
Revolution was a natural consequence of the people of the colonies
having no voice in parliament.

Sometimes creative destruction is needed to fix the mistakes of the
past when too many of the people don't want to deal with the issues at
hand for too long, and think they can continue to have their cake and
eat it.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark