[extropy-chat] List of silly misconceptions

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Tue Feb 17 19:44:43 UTC 2004

Kevin Freels wrote:

>I once made a long list of these silly ideas. I tried to find it, but it has
>gone missing. It had all sorts of common misconceptions in it such as
>"Humans are the only primate to mate face to face" and "Humans are the only
>species that wage war", both of which are wrong. I hope I can find it. I
>wrote it years ago as research for a possible book, but I never had the time
>to actually get started on it. If I locate it, I'll pass it along. That was
>about 8 computers ago, so I'll be lucky to find it. Maybe it is on an old
>ZIP disk or something.

If you can find and share that list (or similar) it would appreciated.
In my opinion, helping the spread of rational thinking, awareness of our
selves and our place in the big picture , counts among the most extropic
and highly leveraged efforts we can make.

It's just beginning, and we've just been given the tools.   Let's not
underestimate the power of a multitude of minds, with a panoply of
perspectives, working together for some common goals.

- Jef
http://www.jefallbright.net