[extropy-chat] gay marriage

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 22:06:45 UTC 2004

--- Major <major at audry2.com> wrote:

> Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > What it has to do with muslims is that they allegedly come here to
> 'be
> > americans', but immediately set about trying to change America,
> just as
> > others come here from europe and immediately start donating to
> anti-gun
> > groups. It is dishonest immigration.
>
> It would only be dishonest if potential immigrants were required to
> warrant that they regarded America as perfect in every way. In fact
> it
> is only necessary for a potential immigrant to think that America is,
> on balance, better than the country they are from in order for to
> justify the decision to immigrate.
>
> After I have immigrated I should be as free as any other citizen to
> engage in free speech or other legal political action in order to
> make the place better.

Actually, the 13th Amendment (the original one, which will soon make a
legal resurgence) disagrees with you. Turns out acting on behalf of a
foreign power, receiving gifts or pay of any kind from a foreign power
by any American is Constitutionally grounds for stripping one's citizenship.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey