[extropy-chat] The problems with Alcor and the new proposed Arizona law

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 15:41:51 UTC 2004

I would suggest that you folks should consider an exit strategy as an
"if" alternative. For example, I invite you to move to New Hampshire,
the Free State. I can pretty much guarantee you that you won't face
such regulatory hurdles here.
As part of the Free State Projects, migration, I can put you in touch
with a number of real estate people, can provide you with information
about any number of towns in NH, and, if needed, you can discuss
developing your own facilities with the Free Town Land Development
Group, which I am currently interim chairman of the board of.

--- randy <cryofan at mylinuxisp.com> wrote:

> For the cryonicists here, and those thinking of signing up, we have
> been discussing possible actions regarding the upcoming vote on a law
> that would apparently basically outlaw cryonics in Arizona. You can
> read that discussion here:
> http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/54032
>
> One suggestion has been for out of state cryonicists to call
> particular AZ state legislators (Alcor has provided their email and
> phone, but has only advised AZ cryonicists to contact those
> legislators).  Does anyone here have any suggestions about how to
> proceed? The bill is to come up for a committee vote on Thursday, I
> believe.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark