[extropy-chat] The problems with Alcor and the new proposed Arizona law

Stephen J. Van Sickle sjvans at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 22 18:36:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 10:50, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> If we could get a bill passed that gave legal protection to people
> freely choosing cryonics as a viable alternative to conventional
> funerary options, would Alcor move here if Arizona became no longer
> feasible?

Possibly, but there are important logistical considerations.  A major
airport rarely shutdown for weather essential.  In addition, most of our
members are on the west coast.

Conceivably, some of this could be handle by separating storage from
operations, but then you would have two (three if the patient is remote)
states to deal with, and the overhead would kill us until we were much
larger.

> If so, what measures would Alcor want to see in the bill?

We are discussing it.

steve van sickle
speaking for himself