[extropy-chat] Timeshifting

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Thu Feb 26 16:43:01 UTC 2004

Given our conversation on time shifting several weeks (months?)
ago, I thought I would draw attention to a /. discussion on
methods and strategies.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/26/1420209&mode=thread

It (and references cited) involve methods for timeshifting
TV, radio and book educational formats.

Doesn't handle the reassembly of a human problem which seems
to be discussed in the recent "Time Travel" thread.  But
does raise the question of how much information about what
a person viewed, liked, did, genes (as Spike pointed out)
does one need before one gets something close enough to
the original that the differences don't matter?  For
example -- how much of my mind is based on movies I
have seen, on talk shows I have listened to, on books
I have read, etc.?

If I have the genes Damien has and know all of the books
Damien has ever read -- how close can I come to the
recreation of a Damien that writes like he does?

Another interesting question...  Does anyone on the list
have something that at one time Sasha may have touched
or otherwise may have picked up some of his DNA?

Robert