[extropy-chat] 14 Superfoods for long life?

Johnius Johnius at Genius.UCSD.edu
Fri Feb 27 07:14:14 UTC 2004

BillK wrote:
>Since I posted the original list, I've done some more searching and
>found more data plus some examples of the alternatives quoted from the book.

	Thanks for posting them.
	Are other important foods mentioned, such as seaweeds, onions
	and garlic, ginger, turmeric, brewer's yeast, etc.?

>The book also insists that exercise is necessary for good health.
>[...] According to the book's "lifestyle pyramid," the linchpin of
>good health includes 30 to 60 minutes a day of aerobic exercise
>and weight training two to three times a week.

	Yes on the aerobics and weight training, but there seems to
	be an even more effective form of weight training involving
	only one visit to the gym per week ... or even less!  It's
	called Static Contraction training, and there are more recent
	refinements as well:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0809229072/qid=1077865405//ref=pd_ka_1/103-8498782-7658203?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0071423958/qid=1077865496/sr=1-12/ref=sr_1_12/103-8498782-7658203?v=glance&s=books
http://precisiontraining.com/

	I have the Static Contraction book, and it's an interesting
	read, but haven't yet started my own personal program.
	Has anyone else here tried it yet?

	Johnius