[extropy-chat] ex-tropical

Sun Feb 29 19:45:02 UTC 2004

Adrian Tymes wrote,
> Some of it is sci-fi, some of it is not unexpected.
> E.g., Europe having to deal with a lot of immigrants:
> that's happening today.  But planetary depopulation
> primarily from famine?  Earth is more likely to be depopulated by mass
> emigration to off-Earth living facilities than by famine.

This is ludicrous.  The Hunger Project reports that 20,000 people die every
day from hunger.  Other statistics claim this is as high as 35,000 people
per day.  You really expect thousands of people to be leaving earth *per
day* in the foreseeable future?  I don't.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,