[extropy-chat] martian measurement units

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 19:12:38 UTC 2004

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, what we really need is a Martian system of measurement, just to
> make things interesting... I believe Edgar Rice Burroughs developed
> one
> for his John Carter series. I hereby propose that in all future list
> discussions, that ERB specced Martian units of measure be used...

Sorry, I meant discussions about Mars.

Ah, I was right:
http://www.scarlet-tower.com/heroes-of-mars/adventures/measures.html

In which case, the probe will enter the Barsoomian atmosphere at an
angle of 11.5 karads, at an altitude of 217 Haads and at a velocity of
80,297 haads per zode.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark