[extropy-chat] Not enough TNOs

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Jan 4 04:50:19 UTC 2004

On Saturday, January 03, 2004 8:30 PM Terry W. Colvin
fortean1 at mindspring.com wrote:
> Forwarding permission was given by William R. Corliss.
>
> Science Frontiers, No. 151, Jan-Feb, 2004, p. 1
> < http://www.science-frontiers.com >
[snip]
> A survey for even fainter TNOs may decide what really did happen.  In
any case,
> the history of that region of the Solar System needs some radical
rewriting.

A recent article in _Nature_ covered the same and proposed that Neptune
scattered many TNOs.  That model looked quite convincing, though I would
stay the jury still out on this one.  I will look up the article if
anyone's interested...

Cheers!

Dan
    See "For a Free Frontier: The Case for Space Colonization" at:
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/SpaceCol.html