[extropy-chat] Essay on Physical Immortality

Damien Broderick thespike at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 4 21:41:31 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 8:37 AM

> What I would really like is a word for something involving
> an indefinitely long healthy life or life without limits.

As several of us have said previously, Brian Stableford's `emortality' is
excellent. Without the *necessity* of death. It *might* happen eventually by
accident, cosmic disaster, or by free choice, but it isn't any longer part
of an inevitable contingently-evolved design or destiny (where such
`destiny' is nothing more than the previously inevitable outcome of
innumerable and unrepairable small shocks and insults to the body over
time).

Damien Broderick