[extropy-chat] Essay on Physical Immortality

Mark Walker mark at permanentend.org
Sun Jan 4 23:02:40 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harvey Newstrom"

> How about "ageless" as a word?  We aren't growing older toward dying of
> old-age.  But it implies nothing about living forever or not dying by some
> other means.  Or how about wanting "ongoing health" as a phrase?  We want
> our health to continue without falling into an inevitable decline with no
> recourse.

I like 'ageless'. It is descriptive and doesn't look like an attempt to hide
behind jargon. It is noteworthy too that Kass uses it in the title of one of
his papers: 'Ageless bodies and Happy Souls'.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Walker, PhD
Research Associate, Philosophy, Trinity College
University of Toronto
Room 214  Gerald Larkin Building
15 Devonshire Place
Toronto