[extropy-chat] Essay on Physical Immortality

Mon Jan 5 13:13:32 UTC 2004

Samantha Atkins wrote,
> Are you actually saying that if someone comes in my home
> with the intent to kill me and takes actions to that end
> that if I shoot the perp I have committed an offensive act?

No.  I was responding to the proposed "self-defense" argument that we should
kill legislators or luddites who are trying to block our access to
life-extending technologies.  I was not addressing the scenario you just
presented above.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,