[extropy-chat] Most Outrageous Anti-Biotech Statements

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Jan 5 15:24:43 UTC 2004

Jeremy Rifkin Wrote:

>All of Medieval Europe was organized collectively. Sustainable
>agriculture. Generation after generation, the serfs, the landlords,
>they farmed the same lands, trod the same path, and they organized
>themselves communally in order to sustain their existence. It may not
>have been the best of all possible worlds, but it was a sustainable
>form of life for six centuries."

It might interest Mr. Rifkin to know that most of the beautiful windswept
moors of Great Britton got to be the way they are because the forests that
were once there were cut down during this period. There may be other reasons
why the dark ages were not really the good old days, so I can't say I share
Mr. Rifkin's enthusiasm to emulate them.

John K Clark     jonkc at att.net