[extropy-chat] Essay on Physical Immortality-overpopulation problem

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 5 17:43:02 UTC 2004

Haven't checked the last 2 days posts but the immediate problem of
overpopulation as well as genetic renewal may be to generate stem cells that are
hybrids , not offspring but the stem cell equivalent of couples  and merge the
neural systems of the 2 people into a composite of both.  The result might be
genetic renewal for en entire equivalent of an extended life cycle and
(depending on the cultural willingness to trade off shared consciousness for
biological renewal) 25-40% reduction in population.

If the renewed biosystem was able to move from a life cycle max of 110 to say
250, then there would be 150 or more years to perfect and deal with other
methods as well as allow for procreation by each shared consciousness with no
net increase in world population?

...MFJ