[extropy-chat] Surviving a flood...

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Tue Jan 6 22:12:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Alan Eliasen wrote:

>question to spring on your favorite biblical scholar:  "how many animals
>of each type did Noah take with him on the ark?"  I found out from this
>research that the answer isn't what I thought it was.  I sprung this on

Lots more than 2 per species. He needed to feed the carnivores, that is :)
There was a small garden in the rear section of the ship for the
herbivores.

You know, before the flood, the duckirott and papris where the common farm
animals, much better than the pig.  But, Noah only took 2 of each with
him, and staying on a boat for all that time made him very hungry.

Ciao,
Alfio