[extropy-chat] A great old quote re AI, and?

rick aperick at centurytel.net
Wed Jan 7 01:41:14 UTC 2004

Q: will computers ever think independently?

A: if computers in their ultimate evolutionary form and substance, were
to emulate man, then, based on close observation of the human species, I
estimate that only 3.2 out of every one hundred computers will ever
think for themselves.

Now, my question: who shall I attribute this quote to? I found it in my
old notes -- without the names of the speakers. Sagan?

Rick Woolley, Closet nudist*, Certified Scientist Type, Confirmed
Atheist, radical thinker, notorious fuck-up, and self-proclaimed
singular authority on the abysmal depths of human stupidity that only we
few lack.

* Part time comedian and recovering idealist ... now show me yours :)
http://home.centurytel.net/rickw aperick at centurytel.net