[extropy-chat] late response to Dan/Technotranscendence

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal at smigrodzki.org
Wed Jan 7 18:02:24 UTC 2004

rick wrote:
> Dan/Technotranscendence wrote: (a while back)
>
>> I'm basically anti-democratic.
>
> Wow, I am not the only one? This is sooo cool! I did not believe that
> I was an idiot before joining this list, but some of my remaining
> doubts re my sanity, wisdom and intelligence have further faded as I
> read things like this from other smart beings.

### Welcome to the club! I am also anti-democratic (i.e.
anti-majoritarian-elective-democracy), although I am strongly pro-democratic
in the sense of letting people have maximum control over their own lives (be
masters of their own destiny rather than being ruled by elites or mobs), for
example by market-like mechanisms.

Rafal