[extropy-chat] ILE: life just got a little more complicated

Paul Grant paulgrant999 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:34:07 UTC 2004

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this.
You don't need an island. You need a boat.
Yup, thats right, a boat.  According to maritime
law, you are under the laws of the registering nation
when you are at sea (and protection, ostensibly).
So pick a country that hasn't passed any laws against
whatever you want, get a citizen from there, have him
register a boat in his name, and float the boat 15 miles
off any coast you like.

There is also some interesting case law regarding the formation
of nation-states :)

omard-out